Need Help Finalizing Port for Hotkeys

Andy Pavlo amp0928 at rit.edu
Sat May 17 17:05:24 PDT 2003

After getting so much from FreeBSD, I finally found away to give back.
hotkeys is a nifty little program that allows you to use the extra keys
in internet/multimedia keyboard. It even has on-screen message for the
keys too very similar to Logitech's iTouch software on windows.

I had to hack up the source a bit to take out linux specific cdrom & apm
stuff and I was able to get the patches correctly in PATCHDIR. I am able
to sucessfully install and run it with 'make install' but when I go to
make sure that it installs based on --prefix that is where I'm having
trouble.

As far as I can tell the configure script that came with the source is
completly ignoring the prefix arguement. So I added this little piece in
there:

if test $prefix != "NONE"; then
  ac_default_prefix=$prefix
else
  ac_default_prefix=$ac_default_prefix
fi

ac_default_prefix is defined earlier as /usr/local

But this still doesn't seem to work, it just dumps them in /usr/local
Does anybody have any suggestions? I believe the configure script was
generated with autoconf, but I haven't had any experience with that.

I am trying to do what it says in the porting handbook in chapter 13.2

make clean; make package PREFIX=/var/tmp/hotkeys

I can see it compiling just fine but see it still sticking stuff in
/usr/local. So then it goes to create the package but it's a bust:

Creating gzip'd tar ball in
'/usr/ports/misc/hotkeys/hotkeys-0.5.7.1.tgz'
tar: bin/hotkeys: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: etc/hotkeys.conf: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: share/hotkeys/splash.png: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: share/hotkeys/acerwl.def: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
<<SNIP>>
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 512
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/hotkeys.

My pkg-plist is as follows. I made this from hand, I'm not sure if this
was supposed to be auto-generated, the handbook wasn't very clear:

bin/hotkeys
etc/hotkeys.conf
share/hotkeys/splash.png
share/hotkeys/acerwl.def
<<SNIP>>
share/hotkeys/sk9925.def
man/man1/hotkeys.1
man/cat1/hotkeys.1.gz

It's now 1 in the morning, and I've given up for the day. If anybody has
any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Andy Pavlo