FreeBSD Port: pornview-0.2.0.p.1

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Sat May 17 07:13:56 PDT 2003

Erik Trulsson wrote:
  >>From (a draft version of) the C99 standard:

<snip>

Aha, I didn't realise you were talking about ISO C - I still think
in ANSI most of the time (being old enough to have studied K&R at
university).

> Besides, the only way I can think of to have stdin/stdout/stderr
> available as expressions but not #define them is to have them as just
> plain variables, and if that was the only option available I am sure
> the standards committee would have written that.  So even with the wording
> you give they *could* be macros, but might not necessarily have been.

Presumably they usually were in ANSI C, but not in ISO C (as required).

> Not explicitly no, but if the pornview code was OK there wouldn't have
> been many other options left.

Apart from my lovely #undef solution :-)

I'll contact the author and explain the situation, someone else can
look at/commit the patch you posted.

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com