FreeBSD Port: pornview-0.2.0.p.1

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Sat May 17 06:39:08 PDT 2003

Erik Trulsson wrote:
> That part of the structure is not the problem.  The next part of this
> structure is the problem.
>
>     gchar   stdout[GTK_MPLAYER_BUF_SIZE];
>     gint    stdout_size;
>     gchar   stderr[GTK_MPLAYER_BUF_SIZE];
>     gint    stderr_size;

True.

> Not legitimate. The C standard itself says that stdin/stdout/stderr are
> supposed to be macros and therefore this behaviour is expected

Interesting...do you have a reference for this? Section 7.9.1 of
the ANSI C spec says that stdin/stdout/stderr are expressions of
type 'pointer to FILE', I can't see anything that says they're
supposed to be macros.

 > The bug is in the application, not in FreeBSD, so, unfair or not, it
 > isn't FreeBSD that should be changed.

I don't remember anyone stating that FreeBSD should be changed...

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com