[Wine] Post XFree4.3.0 blues

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen freebsd.nospam at mekanix.dk
Sun May 11 08:31:38 PDT 2003

Hi!

Back when X was updated to v4.3.0 I've had issues with Wine (ie. not working).
Today I wiped my ~/.wine and installed the newest port. Now it works...
mostly, but I do have some issues:

1) Wine can't find my keyboard-layout, but I guess that's a Wine-issue
according to google.

2) Running with the "desktop" option Wine chokes:

$ wine "C:\mirc\mirc.exe"
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x5c0e33c8 "loader.c:
loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) tid=000a

3) I used to be able to run DeusEx under wine prior to XFree4.3.0 now all I
get is this:

fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x10102513,1) - no error checking or
testing yet
fixme:process:GetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,0x5c5d23dc,0x5c5d23d4):
stub

and then wine returns to console.

I wonder if all this relates to XFree4.3.0 & Wine or if there is anything I
can do to tweak Wine into working again?

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk