Cleansing $PORTSDIR & adding entry to CVSup refuse file

parv parv_fm at emailgroups.net
Fri May 9 11:31:06 PDT 2003

Hi,

Does anybody know of a program/script which will remove a port
directory and add an entry to CVSup refuse file, given a port
directory (and/or a file in that directory which doesn't have to
exist)?

If i give the input matching following regex to the said program...

  (ports/)?<category>/<port-dir>(/.*)?
  ($PORTSDIR/)?<category>/<port-dir>(/.*)?

...the program would delete $PORTSDIR/<category>/<port-dir> and add
an unique entry, ports/<category>/<port-dir>, to CVSup refuse file.

Currently i have a bash version which has some things hard coded
& not very flexible assumptions.  That is to say my version is not
suitable for public consumption yet.  I think i would convert that
to perl soon; didn't find anything in the ports.

So, i ask about the above to get other ideas/suggestions.

  - parv