INDEX fails at /usr/ports/palm

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Wed May 7 14:02:24 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 01:33 pm, Robert English wrote:
> Thanks for the confirm - it looks like an occasional wiping of
> the ports and a complete refetch of the ports tree would be a
> "Good Thing To Do" (TM).  Not sure how often to do that; most of
> the time this is not an issue at all, so I can do a normal daily
> cvsup and this won't be a problem.
>
> Maybe once every few weeks run a cvsup script that doesn't have
> the "default tag" line, effectively deleting the local copy of
> the ports tree, and let it download a fresh copy of the whole
> tree.

I did selective rm -rf *'s because I didn't want distfiles and
packages/All to be removed. I haven't had a failure like this for
months. Doing it every 2 weeks would be a lot of unnecessary processing
to my way of thinking. I follow the premis of "don't fix something that
isn't broken".

Kent

--
Kent Stewart