[Fwd: php-gtk-0.5.2_1 broken on alpha 4.x]

Alex Kiesel kiesel at schlund.de
Sat Jun 28 05:32:34 PDT 2003

Hi,

> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/alpha-4-latest/php-gtk-0.5.2_1.log

that build fails because a small testscript says that the memory limit is set
too low.

php-gtk creates some .c- and .h-files with PHP itself, those scripts need (at least
with my tests) 10mb of memory. If memory limit is set below this value, compiling
fails with some obscure error message.

To get the port working on bento again, we have 2 possibilities:

a) increase the default memory_limit in php.ini
b) let php-gtk modify php.ini to increase the limit

I think b) is very bad, so is it possible that you update lang/php4-cli to have
either no memory limit (it is unnecessary on the command line) or have a limit
of 10 or more megs?

Greets,
Alex