FreeBSD Port: nessus-2.0.6a

Brian Bailey bbailey1024 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 23:47:29 PDT 2003

I was getting errors with trying to run the script, nessus-update-plugins. I was logged on as root at the time.

Line 243 of the script reads:
$fetch_cmd $proxyopts http://www.nessus.org/nasl/all-2.0.tar.gz > all-2.0.tar.gz

This creates two files(assuming wget is used):
all-2.0.tar.gz => contains no data
all-2.0.tar.gz.1 => contains 1023377 bytes

The rest of the script was calling for the file all-2.0.tar.gz which contained 0 bytes.
The script was failing with the error on line 258:
"Something went wrong when installing plugins - uncompressing the plugins archive failed"

I changed line 243 to read:
$fetch_cmd $proxyopts http://www.nessus.org/nasl/all-2.0.tar.gz

This resolved the issue, as the correct file, all-2.0.tar.gz, was successfully created. This allowed the script to execute successfully.

I'm not sure if this should be going to you or the development team at nessus.org. If you are not the contact for this issue, please let me know!

Thanks,
Brian Bailey