portsdb -Uu in jail errors

ports at probsd.org ports at probsd.org
Wed Jun 25 18:57:27 PDT 2003

> FWIW, I've been saying "local configuration", not "local
> misconfiguration".  i.e. something non-default that I do not see in my
> own clean test environments.
>
> Kris

The two jails use the stock ports-supfile:

*default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org  # tried cvsup16, 14, and 6
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

pkgtools.conf is stock, as installed with portupgrade, no changes.

no /etc/make.conf file

The host environment also uses a stock ports-supfile, pkgtools.conf, and
no /etc/make.conf, as well as the upgrade routine ( cvsup, portsdb -Uu,
pkgdb -uF ).

Kris, anything else you want me to check? Or, would you like SSH access to
investigate?   What procedure do you use to update/upgrade your ports and
I will do that and provide the script output.

Michael