make options (was Re: FreeBSD Port: mozilla-devel-1.4b)

Tim Middleton x at Vex.Net
Mon Jun 23 19:50:19 PDT 2003

On June 22, 2003 01:04 pm, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> I think, what he wants is a 'make options' target, which lists all
> options.
> I wanted to do this, together with a standardized way to auto-detect and
> depend on existing libraries. But since I'm a bit short on time this

This would be awesome. I notice some ports have a pop-up interface that
lets you choose various options. Not being a port guru I'm not sure how it
works, but perhaps it could be standardized and called automatically?

For example, if you install the postfix port a popup comes up with check boxes
asking whether you want LDAP, or to disable PCRE, and a bunch of other
options... i wish more ports used this... it would make life easier.

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | I'd ha' been a better man all my life if
x at veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | I'd known there were things like this. (CSL)