courier-imap core dumps on login

Sid Carter sidcarter at symonds.net
Tue Jun 17 07:17:55 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am having problems logging in with qmail and courier-imap. when I try
to login to the IMap server, after the authentication , it disconnects.
ON the server side, there is an imapd.core file in the Maildir.

Is there something wrong with courier-imap or am I doing something wrong
?

I am using courier-imap-1.7.1 and qmail-1.03_1

Sample session
==============

[sidcarter at tango]~$ telnet samurai imap
Trying 15.76.123.51...
Connected to nt2351.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
* THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE STARTTLS]
* Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2003 Double Precision, Inc.  See
* COPYING for distribution information.
1 login sidcarter *********
Connection closed by foreign host.

Regards
	Sid
--
Remember, drive defensively!  And of course, the best defense is a good
offense!

Sid Carter - http://khader.net