Errors on bento

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Jun 15 23:30:57 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 08:34:52AM +0300, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2003 03:53, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > In case anyone's watching, I tried out a change on the latest bento
> > runs to set $HOME to a bogus value to try to catch ports that attempt
> > to write files there during the build (KDE is a big offender here).
> > It caused more failures than I was expecting though, so I'll have to
> > re-think it.
>
> Hi Kris,
>
> Can you give me (and the rest of kde@) some pointers (logs preferably)
> of where KDE does this? It might be that we can do something about the
> problem.
>
> Cheers,

Every couple of months I mail kde at FreeBSD.org with

  http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-latest-logs/extras.html
  http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest-logs/extras.html

and ask that someone from the KDE team investigate.  This time around
someone actually responded with suggestions of a kdehier package that
should take care of the /usr/local problems, but the above URL also
lists files in /root from kde/qt builds.

Kris