portlint's FATAL warnings

Paul Chvostek paul+fbsd at it.ca
Sat Jun 14 20:54:58 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 11:00:12PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> >  EXTRACT_ONLY=	${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}
> >  MASTER_SITES+=	http://hostname/path/:1
> >  DISTFILES+=	somefile.html:1
>
> problem: somefile.html is unversioned.  This is bad.  What happens
> when the file changes?  What happens to existing copies on distfile
> mirrors?

Hrm; yeah, I'd need to update the port to alter the distinfo, without a
version number change.  Would be confusing, and highly annoying if he
changes the page often.  The "test -f" problem would stop a page update
from breaking the port, but that's a punt.

The port in question is security/proxycheck, which I submitted recently.
The HTML file contains usage examples and hints that aren't included in
the man page or elsewhere in the dist tarball (which is versioned).  I
could just make a pkg-message that points people to it, or I could
maintain my own (versioned) version at a URL independent of the original
author's....

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

--