FreeBSD Port: inn-2.4.0 and ovdb support

Panagiotis Christias P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr
Fri Jun 13 16:25:56 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:23:38PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Panagiotis Christias <P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr> writes:
> > why isn't ovdb support (--with-berkeleydb) enabled by default in
> > the inn-2.4.0 package? Is where any system specific problem? If
> > not, you could add it as an user option in the Makefile.
>
> What version of Berkeley DB does INN expect?

Then ovdb man page states:

"Ovdb is a storage method that uses the BerkeleyDB library to store
overview data.  It requires version 2.6.x or later of the BerkeleyDB
library, but has mostly been tested with version 3 and 4."

In inn's configure file lines 5829 to 5838:

    if test x"$BERKELEY_DB_DIR" = xyes ; then
        for v in db4 db3 db2 ; do
            if test -d "/usr/local/include/$v" ; then
                BERKELEY_DB_LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
                BERKELEY_DB_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/$v"
                BERKELEY_DB_LIB="-l$v"
                echo "$ac_t""FreeBSD locations" 1>&6
                break
            fi
        done

the order of preference for FreeBSD systems is db4 then db3 and
last db2.  I verified it in a system with both db4 and db3 installed.
Version 4.1 would probably work fine too since a few lines before
the configure script looks for BerkeleyDB.4.1 etc directories under
/usr/local, /opt or /usr.

Regards,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE