broken port

Scot W. Hetzel hetzels at westbend.net
Tue Jun 10 10:09:38 PDT 2003

From: "D.Pageau" <dpageau at infodev.ca>
> I have cvsup my port collection, and one of the port I need is now
> broken.  I have send an email to the port maintainer but now how do I go
> back to the latest working version.  How do I get an older port?

To go back to an earlier date you need to set the date in your cvsup file,
according to the cvsup man page the format is:

date=[cc]yy.mm.dd.hh.mm.ss
                 This specifies a date that should be used to select the
revi-
                 sions that are checked out from the CVS repository.  The
                 client will receive the revisions that were in effect at
the
                 specified date and time.

                 At present, the date format is inflexible.  All 17 or 19
                 characters must be specified, exactly as shown.  For the
                 years 2000 and beyond, specify the century cc. For earlier
                 years, specify only the last two digits yy. Dates and times
                 are considered to be GMT.  The default date is `.', which
                 means ``as late as possible''.

NOTE: you'll need to remove this settng later, when you want to get a
current ports collection.

If you let us know what problems your having with the port (on the ports
mailing list), maybe some one here can help.

Scot

PS. Send all further replies to the ports mailing list