xawtv, ioctl_bt848 header and bento

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Jun 9 15:50:41 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm still getting a compile-error log for xawtv for FreeBSD 4/alpha, and
I'm a bit clueless why.
In 4 there we have no ioctl_bt858.h for non ix86 systems. So there is no
/usr/src/sys/alpha/include/ioctl_bt848, and thats why there is no
/usr/include/machine/ioctl_bt848.h. But that header file is essentially
needed to compile xawtv. Thats why I put

.if !exists(/usr/include/machine/ioctl_bt848.h)
BROKEN=		No ioctl_bt848.h on this architecture
.endif

into the Makefile. But as the actuall bento log
(http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/alpha-4-latest/xawtv-3.88.log) shows
me, the port still does not "broke" in the right way. I tried it for my
self on a 4/alpha system and I got what I expected to get:

root at testing3 xawtv> make checksum
===>  xawtv-3.88 is marked as broken: No ioctl_bt848.h on this
architecture.
root at testing3 xawtv>

So.. can someone show me up what i missed? These Makefile change was made
back on May 13th. And i don't think that the bento repository is _that_
old that it still not have these header check.

  Greetings, Oliver

--
 Oliver Lehmann
        @home: lehmann at ans-netz.de