ghostscript commits (fix of back out request)

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Sat Jun 7 14:28:23 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 02:16:33PM -0700, Alexander Kabaev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> your recent commits to ghostscript port have broken them for users
> which legitimately use GS_OPTIONS environment variable to pass default
> options to the gs binary. script/configure scripts in ports abuse this
> variable for something absolutely unrelated, i.e. the list of drivers
> to compile with the port.
>
> Could you please either back your changes out or fix them?

I believe you are referring to the same problem as I posted in PR
ports/52187.

I had also reported this directly to the ports list, as the maintainer
is ports at freebsd.org, about 1-2 weeks prior to filing the PR.  I posted
another request for someone to look at the PR prior to the latest ports
freeze.

Basically, printing has been broken on FreeBSD for greater than a month,
and with a release of 5.1 to boot.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj at charter.net