freebsd opera and local links clicking

Yury Tarasievich grog at grsu.by
Fri Jun 6 15:08:37 PDT 2003

Recent Xfree86 port still has the problem with local links clicking in
freebsd opera 6.*. Doing click on link leading to local file makes opera
just sit forever displaying 0% progress. Every other method of going to
local link works (right clicking and selecting "click" from popup, all
combinations of click with shifts and controls). Problem can be made go
away by compiling and installing Xfree86 without ports (although still
happens but very very rarely). Happens with or without sysmouse, serial
or ps/2, two different computers, 4.7-RELEASE, xfree86 4.2.1 or 4.3.0. I
think I've seen it on 5.0-RELEASE also. I'm somewhat clueless what to do
now.