[kde-freebsd] Re: HEADS UP: Big change to x11/kde3 (Read carefully!)

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Mon Jun 2 17:09:16 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 08:04:20PM -0400, Wesley Morgan wrote:
> You may disagree with this, but in some circles being a *user* makes my
> opinion more important than the opinion of developers. I'm sure everyone
> will get used to the new behavior and adapt, but I still see it as a loss.

Do you actually know what happened with the meta-port today?  All
that changed was the restoration of old behavior (and the
addition of a knob for the ignorant users that don't know kdebase
is a minimal KDE install).  Who lost what today?

The meta-port was never customizable to the extent that you want,
nor is there a good reason to do that.  Again, I ask, what is
wrong with typing "portinstall kdebase <kde-whatever>" as opposed
to your solution, to add this list to /etc/make.conf?

Regards,
--
wca