FreeBSD Port: oases-2.2

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Jun 1 03:02:12 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 02:06:24AM -0700, chunhui tao wrote:
> Dear Webmaster,
> I am ChunhuiTao. I am trying to download OASES Version 2.2. But I can not use ftp to download from
>
>    ftp://keel.mit.edu/pub/Oases/
>    ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/ I don't know the reason.
> My computer system is Windows XP.
> If you have any commands, please tell me.

This isn't really a freebsd-ports@ question: freebsd-questions@ would
be more appropriate.  However, if you're not using FreeBSD as your
local operating system you're unlikely to get much sympathy there
either.

Anyhow, interesting to see users of other OS's using the FreeBSD ports
system as a mechanism to locate the distribution sites for software
they are interested in.

Works for me just fine downloading the source from keel.mit.edu -- I
suspect that you're just not using the right program to do the
download.  Try typing:

    ftp://keel.mit.edu/pub/Oases/

into your web browser of choice.  You should then be able to click on
which ever of the tar-balls shown there suits you best.  FreeBSD ports
pulls down oases_Mar-28-2002.tar.gz, although it would seem that there
have been a number of updates since then. Judging by the README file
you're going to need a unixoid machine to compile this on: WinXP
appears not to be supported.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way