preinstalled ports always cause error code 1

Morsal Rodbay mosse at tele2.se
Mon Jul 28 04:01:00 PDT 2003

Hi Jon,

I am having the same trouble... but it all started when I manually removed a
port from /var/db/pkg/ which couldnt be removed with the ordinary tools
since it always complained about the port not having a prefix... (couldnt
figure that out so I just deleted it and rebuilt the database and index)

So now I'm stuck with this problem of not being able to install anything
because it thinks the port is already installed.

Here is an example:
--
[mosse:/usr/ports/graphics/lcms] root $ make install
===>  Installing for lcms-1.09,1

Stop in /tmp/BACKUP/ports/graphics/lcms.

[mosse:/usr/ports/graphics/lcms] root $ uname -a
FreeBSD mosse.dyndns.org 4.5-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p2 #0: Sat Mar
16 18:30:29 CET 2002     root at darius.2y.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DARIUS
i386
--

Best regards,

Mosse