make index problems

Stephen Hilton nospam at hiltonbsd.com
Sun Jul 27 09:30:46 PDT 2003

On 26 Jul 2003 13:42:11 -0400
Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 13:30, Stephen Hilton wrote:
> > Cheers,
> >
> > cvsupd today at 07-26-2003 11:52:30 CDT from cvsup9.freebsd.org
> >
> > 4.8-STABLE
> >

> > many previous errors cut, here is the tail end:

I am getting closer to a better understanding of whats causing
the problem.

Went to /usr/ports/print and did:
# rm -rf pips*

To remove all the print/pips* related ports.

Now "make index" runs clean on my 4.8-STABLE system cvsup'd
last night.

The "portsdb -Uu" still has problems, and am trying to isolate
the misbehaving ports for that also.

Will report more data points when known.

Regards,

Stephen Hilton
nospam at hiltonbsd.com