Where did PEAR go???

Gerard Samuel gsam at trini0.org
Thu Jul 24 18:22:07 PDT 2003

Gerard Samuel wrote:

> I upgraded to PHP 4.3.3 via the ports earlier today (fresh cvsup),
> and everything seems to be working except Chora (php cvs viewer).
> It depends on PEAR.  The error Im getting is ->
> *Warning*: main(PEAR.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
> directory in */files/www/data/horde/lib/Registry.php* on line *4*
>
> *Fatal error*: main(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in
> */files/www/data/horde/lib/Registry.php* on line *4
>
> *I looked over the old php.ini and the new one, and there aren't any
> changes in there that would warrant this.
> To install, I simply:
> cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
> make install distclean
>
> Im assuming that it installs php, pear and php's cli
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated...

Not sure why this isn't enabled in php.ini, but to work around my little
problem above, edit /usr/local/etc/php.ini,
and modify the "include_path" option to (don't forget to remove the ; at
the beginning of the line) ->
include_path = ".:/usr/local/share/pear/bootstrap"

This was done after I copied the new php.ini-recommended to php.ini
Restart the webserver and its done.  If there is another (better) way,
then by all means let me know..