texinfo breakage

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Jul 24 04:31:47 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:32:53AM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> > Thanks for looking into this, Gerald!
>
> You're most welcome!  I'm just a bit astonished that after the apparent
> urgency in Kris' original message this has not received more response.

The urgency was there initially because the texinfo commit caused
unexpected breakage.  However, since various people have made the
judgement that texinfo is in fact behaving desirably, the simple and
quick fix of restoring the previous texinfo behaviour is not
available.

Testing bsd.port.mk patches takes time because of finite machine and
human resources.  For example, more urgent than addressing the info
problem was to get a set of gcc 3.3 packages built so that developers
can start working on fixing the broken ones.  Now that that is out of
the way, I am using bento to test the latest batch of queued patches.
Unfortunately, I didn't remember this patch when I started the build,
because I mostly go by the PRs assigned to portmgr.  Can you please
send-pr your patch so it doesn't get overlooked next time?

Kris