Patch port nss_ldap's Makefile for ldap.conf location

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jb.quenot at caraldi.com
Fri Jul 18 09:14:20 PDT 2003

* Jacques A. Vidrine:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:07:53PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > Please find  below a patch that  fixes the location of  ldap.conf to
> > reflect the location specified by the associated port pam_ldap.  The
> > config file should be $(PREFIX)/etc/ldap.conf, not /etc/ldap.conf.
>
> Heh, sorry.  I remember scratching  my head about the default location
> myself, but it never occurred to me to do something about it :-)
>
> I  agree  that  it  should   be  under  ${PREFIX},  and  the  location
> mentioned  at install  time.  I  wonder if  additionally it  should be
> named  something  specific  to  this  port ...  I  wouldn't  want  the
> configuration file to clash with  some other use of OpenLDAP.  Perhaps
> ${PREFIX}/etc/nss_ldap.conf and ${PREFIX}/etc/nss_ldap.secret?

The comment  in the head  of ldap.conf states  that this file  is shared
between nss_ldap and pam_ldap.  I don't consider the extra nss_ldap.conf
as a  benefit, but  as an extra  work for the  ports maintainer  and the
user.

# @(#)$Id: ldap.conf,v 1.27 2003/01/17 21:37:12 lukeh Exp $
#
# This is the configuration file for the LDAP nameservice switch library
# and the LDAP PAM module.
#
# PADL Software http://www.padl.com
#