FreeBSD Port: staroffice-6.0_2

Dave Littell davidl at applink.net
Thu Jul 17 06:51:26 PDT 2003

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:

> On Thursday 17 July 2003 15:10, Dave Littell wrote:
>
> > > Well, the CD-distributions doesn't consist in a single, but multiple
> > > files layed out on the CD.
> > > Don't know how the ports-system deals with CD-installation? Copying the
> > > whole contents to /usr/ports/distfiles?
> > I just looked at the tar file that contains the latest patches
> > (112887-04.tar) and there doesn't appear to be much of great interest
> > there except a file called "so-6_0-pp3-bin-linux.bin".  Bjarne, did this
> > file end up somewhere (/usr/local/bin?) when you did the install from
> > the CD?
>
> No.
>
> > Do you think we can just replace the corresponding files with
> > those from the patchkit and have done with this mess?
>
> Don't know (aint no ports-expert ;)). What I think is that there is no one
> generic way to install StarOffice via ports. There are different versions of
> StarOffice published (I've got a danish student version, which lacks files
> from the full version).

I see.  After looking into it a little more, it seems like the .bin file
is some sort of composite (executable?) that may do all the file
replacements in the patchkit.  I think I'll try your approach to the
basic installation and then see if I can figure out how to apply the
patches manually.

Thanks for your help - you've gotten me further than anyone over the
past couple of months.

Dave