FreeBSD Port: staroffice-6.0_2

Dave Littell davidl at applink.net
Wed Jul 16 07:56:13 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm having problems installing StarOffice 6.0 using the CD from Sun.
The make command and the resulting output is:

pixel# make -DUSE_CDROM install

Check if linprocfs is running: YES
Check if /compat/linux/etc/mtab exists: YES

If you like to install staroffice with ADABAS database support,
cancel this installation now and start make again with
WITH_ADABAS=YES.

>> so-6_0-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.tar.gz is not in
/usr/ports/editors/staroffice60/distinfo.
>> Either /usr/ports/editors/staroffice60/distinfo is out of date, or
>> so-6_0-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.tar.gz is spelled incorrectly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice60.

I manually downloaded the patch file ("112887-04.tar") from one of the
FTP sites, but I would think that the actual binary installation file(s)
should be on the CD.  There are no files on the CD that even remotely
look like "so-6_0-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.tar.gz", but the linux directory
is filled with a large number of zip files along with the setup program.

Can you please help me?

Thanks,
Dave