portupgrade/make install problem.

Michael Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Mon Jul 14 07:55:39 PDT 2003

* Daryl Chance <chancedj at yahoo.com> [030714 10:47]:
> Thanks.  I just saw the posts in the archive, but not
> a patch like Mr Edenfield posted.  I would like to
> propose a patch of my own.  Yours looks like it would
> work well, but it negates the FORCE_PKG_REGISTER env
> and NO_PKG_REGISTER env (If I follow the code
> correctly).  My patch just modifies the pkg_info
> command to only add -O if the OSVERSION >= 470000.
> It's not tested since I don't know the language syntax
> for whever code that is :).  So please, feel free to
> fix it.

The problem is, that without the -O the entire check fails.  The -O
parameter to pkg_info takes a port origin (basically, the relative
directory from /usr/ports of the port) and returns a list of packages
that were originally installed from there.  Without -O,

  pkg_info -q <port origin>

just returns an error that it couldn't find the package.

I did the patch in a hurry, and don't have anything before 4.8 to test
on, but the logic seemed good to me.  We don't want to do this check
if either FORCE_PKG_REGISTER or NO_PKG_REGISTER are defined, and can't
if OSVERSION is not at least 470000.  I'll try to find a machine to
drop 4.6 on and test today, unless someone beats me to it.

--Mike