broken pkgdb, missing optparse

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Jul 11 14:52:25 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 08:54:52PM +0100, tav wrote:
> rehi,
>
> it seems that my package database is completely buggered. i am
> experiencing similar problems as described in this recent thread @
> http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/msg29734.html

I don't think so..

> i am not able to use ports as it constantly complains that the port is
> already installed, e.g. when trying to install py-id3, i get:
>
>   ===>  Installing for py22-id3-1.2
>   ===>   py22-id3-1.2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.2 - found
>   ===>   Generating temporary packing list
>   ===>  Checking if audio/py-id3 already installed
>   *** Error code 1

Are you running an old release (pre-4.7)?  This isn't supported,
although if someone submits patches to fix problems on older releases
they're usually committed.  In this case I have been given a patch
that "fixes" old releases (by not performing the new check for an
existing older installation), which I hope to commit in the next few
days.

Kris