sysutils/daemontools can't be install by NFS mount?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jul 9 01:30:53 PDT 2003

Here's how I install sysutils/daemontools folowing:

client# mount server:/usr/ports /usr/ports
client# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/daemontools
client# make

It builds and start to halt forever at:

env - /bin/sh rts.tests 2>&1 | cat -v > rts

So, I tried to build in the NFS server machine without mount and it works
fine. It will not work if I do that the steps above by mount. Here are two
attaches of rts.tests and rts in case if anyone want to check.. I am not
sure if it's NFS bug, I might missed option or it's just normal.

Both machines have same source:
# uname -a
FreeBSD mezz.mezzweb.com 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Mon Jul  7
19:26:22 CDT 2003     mezz at mezz.mezzweb.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BSDRULZ
i386

Cheers,
Mezz