FreeBSD Port: MPlayer bsdbt848 tv-in doesn't work

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 8 01:51:44 PDT 2003

Problem Solved...

Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> Try input=1, because that is (normally) the TV In. Input=0 should be the
> S-Video input.

You are absolutely right.  You know, I messed around with just about
every other possible TV option listed in the man-page, except for that
one.  The MPlayer man page says that input=0 is the tuner (and the
default), and so I didn't even consider that it could be wrong...

One question though, if yo don't mind:  Is MPlayer one channel off with
your setup as well?  I'm getting channel 6 when I select 7, 10 when I
select 11, etc.  I'm just wondering if there is an option I can set, or
if this isn't a problem on other FreeBSD releases (I'm using 5.1 right
now)...  Not that it would be hard to make a script to act as a wrapper
and fix that.

> Hmmm, can you provide the output of pciconf -v -l, perhaps then someone
> is able to add your card to the driver.

Certainly:

bktr0 at pci0:10:0:        class=0x040000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x036e109e
rev=0x11 hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Brooktree Corporation'
     device   = 'Bt878 MediaStream Controller'
     class    = multimedia
     subclass = video
none1 at pci0:10:1:        class=0x048000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x0878109e
rev=0x11 hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Brooktree Corporation'
     device   = 'Bt878 Video Capture (Audio Section)'
     class    = multimedia