x11/nvidia-driver

Matt matt at xtaz.co.uk
Sat Jul 5 05:39:54 PDT 2003

Sergey A. Osokin said:

> Yes, try to add this line, then reboot your machine.

Ok I have tried adding hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1" and exactly
the same thing happens. With nvidia_enable="YES" I get lots of unable to
attach etc errors and xl0 ethernet is nowhere to be found. If I set it to
nvidia_enable="NO" and reboot again then xl0 loads up fine and everything
is happy. I can then kldload nvidia and whilst there are several pci
errors it eventually loads normally and I can use both nvidia and xl0.

So it is not a major problem as it does work, but it just never used to
behave like this. I used to be able to load the nvidia module from
loader.conf and everything would work fine with no pci errors at all.

Regards, Matt.

--
email: matt at xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.