x11/nvidia-driver

Sergey A. Osokin osa at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 4 14:26:40 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 07:55:58PM +0100, Matt wrote:
> Sergey A. Osokin said:
> > So, please tell us more about version of your OS.
>
> Oops sorry. I wrote that last email in a bit of a hurry.
>
> FreeBSD shakira.xtaz.co.uk 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Tue Jul  1
> 23:44:04 BST 2003     root at shakira.xtaz.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SHAKIRA
>  i386
>
> Previously with the nvidia driver from before todays commit there were
> none of those pci attach errors etc. It literally just loaded with no
> problems and the only message that was printed was the succesful device
> detection.

So, looks like you have a GeForce4 MX 420 card, isn't it?
After boot with new version of nvidia-driver, please say:
# pciconf -l -v

Also, do you have a following string into your
/boot/loader.conf or /boot/loader.conf.local file:
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
?
--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL