Current unassigned ports problem reports

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 1 13:44:27 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 06:24:07PM +0000, David G. Holm wrote:
> ** Reply to message from FreeBSD bugmaster <bugmaster at freebsd.org> on Mon, 30
> Jun 2003 11:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > f [2003/05/09] ports/52016 ports-bugs  New port: lang/harbour - A
> Clipper-compat
>
> I provided feedback in the form of a replacement shar file for the port,
> directly to the committer who wrote to me. Was that not the right thing to do?

That was half of the right thing to do.  You should also have cc'd the
freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org address to ensure that your follow up made
it into the bug tracking system (while keeping the subject line as
Re: ports/52016: New port: lang/harbour - A Clipper-compatible compiler
to ensure that gnats knows what it's a followup to).

However, people who are changing PRs to a state of feedback should take
it upon themselves to ensure that the state is updated once feedback has
been received; there is much evidence to suggest that this does not happen
in a large number of cases (the committer concerned in this case should not
feel singled out).

Thanks,

Ceri
--
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.