FreeBSD Port: evolution-1.4.5 : Unable to (re)build Evolution 1.4.5

Geraud CONTINSOUZAS gej at mmania.com
Mon Dec 29 05:31:50 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 23:42, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
 > On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 16:46, Geraud CONTINSOUZAS wrote:
 > > Hello all,
 > >
 > > First of all, I'd like to apologize for my lousy english. That said,
 > > let's whine.
 > >
 > > I recently upgraded my system from a 4.8-RELEASE to a 4.9-STABLE.
Since
 > > then, I haven't been able to send emails with evolution. Beside a
brutal
 > > exit the problem is :
 > > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/evolution/1.4/libeutil.so.0:
 > > Undefined symbol "gethostbyaddr_r"
 > >
 > > I did my homework and saw that Joe already answered that with "Rebuild
 > > and reinstall". Fine, 'portupgrade -f evolution-1.4.5' it is... Well,
 > > it's not. I can't build it.
 > >
 > > The error seems (when it comes to C, I'm totally lost so I may totally
 > > be wrong on this one) to be ORBit-related then I successfully rebuilt
 > > ORBit2, bonobo and libbonobo. Well, regarding evolution things weren't
 > > better. Still after a 'portupgrade -Rf evolution-1.4.5' I have the
same
 > > problem. I've the same issue on a gentoo-user ML but no satisfying
answer.

 > > Well, I've tried to look for another way. I've been browsing the ORBit
 > > CVS tree trying to find some traces of a "ORBIT_STUB_GetServant" but
 > > nothing. My version of libwombat.so.0 doesn't show any line named like
 > > this (at least not with a 'strings') while the one in the evolution
 > > rebuild attempt seems to have something like this.
 > >
 > > I attached a 'log' of my attempts to rebuild evolution... I will of
 > > course provide more infos if needed.
 >
 > What version of ORBit2 do you have installed?
 >
 > Joe

Hi Joe,

My mistake, I forgot to mention that. I indeed updated my ports tree to
the latest version and already had an ORBit2-2.8.3 port on my system.

Another thing I discovered this morning after having started another
'portupgrade -Rf evolution-1.4.5' last night (since I spent most of
yesterday upgrading manually several ports each time trying to make
trees in the depedencies). Well, it seems that the gnomespell-1.0.5 port
is now suffering from the 'ORBIT_STUB_GetServant' reference problem too.
I attached a full build log this time. (sorry for the .tgz, it was 44KB
uncompressed). Do you need a full log of evolution build as well?

Thanks again for your help

G.