Archiver packages on FreeBSD CD 1

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Dec 21 17:04:53 PST 2003

Yar Tikhiy <yar at freebsd.org> writes:

> That's why I started this topic--to collect different opinions.
> Please note that you didn't state you needed "zoo" or "lzo";

I'm using .tar.gz most often, then .tar.bz2, then .zip and occasionally,
I have to unpack .lha or .rar. .arj ... well, a long time ago. .lzx:
same. OTOH, lzo is a very fast compression library that's used by some
ports that do real-time communications, for instance, openvpn. lzop
as gzip replacement that uses lzo is indeed used less often by me.

How about scanning the atimes of the ports' files to see what ports are
used by how many users absolutely, and relative to the count of
installations?

--
Matthias Andree