www/squid maintainer: 3 months and still timing out...

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Dec 16 20:02:59 PST 2003

 >On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:35:42 -0600
 >Jon Noack <noackjr at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
 >> 3 months of timeouts and counting...
 >
 > www/squid has always been slow to update. I too have contacted the
 > maintainer in the past about stale versions, but never received a
 > response.
 >
 > Perhaps someone else is able/willing to take over maintainership?
 >
 > --
 > Adam

As I said over the summer, I'd be willing.  Squid is a mission-critical
app for my employer and I'm the one responsible for keeping it running.
  Maintaining it wouldn't really save me time, but I'm doing the work
anyway so I might as well share :).

However, if someone else will do it, go for it.  I won't complain about
less work...

Jon Noack

--
Doing linear scans over an associative array is like trying to club
someone to death with a loaded Uzi.