net/irrtoolset

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 12 13:30:58 PST 2003

+-Le 12/12/2003 10:16 -0800, Kevin Oberman écrivait :
|> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:47:45 +0100
|> From: Mathieu Arnold <mat at mat.cc>
|>
|> Hi,
|>
|> I've been wondering a few things about this port, it does not build on
|> bento (5-current), but it does build nicely on a few week old 5.2-BETA.
|> There's been an update of the gcc 2.95 port lately which may have fixed
|> the build. I'm not really sure what the cause is, so I'll wait for the
|> next 5-current run.
|
| I'm sorry to day that it still will not build on V5. The error clearly
| indicates a compiler problem and I will open a new PR on it shortly. It
| fails to parse a line from a header file that is part of gcc 2.95, itself.
|
| You can install the package for V4 and it seems to work properly. This
| assumes that you have COMPAT_FREEBSD4 in your kernel configuration.
|
| The REAL solution will only come when RIPE fixes the IRRToolSet to build
| with g++ V3. I have spoken with them, but it does not seem to be a high
| priority. Their main goal is to get all of the tools ported to support
| IPv6 and the latest generation of RPSL. Some already have been completed
| in 4.8, but I suspect that gcc V3 will be quite a while in coming.

What I said is that :

FreeBSD r1.rdb.absolight.net 5.2-BETA FreeBSD 5.2-BETA #0: Tue Dec  2
15:24:36 CET 2003
root at r2.rdb.absolight.net:/usr/src/sys.altq/i386/compile/RT  i386

bin/rpslcheck:    ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
bin/peval:        ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
bin/prpath:       ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
bin/RtConfig:     ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
bin/CIDRAdvisor:  ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
bin/roe:          ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
bin/aoe:          ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
bin/prtraceroute: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 5.0.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped

unless they do compiled from the port, well, I don't know how it could have
happened :)

The port do compile on my 5.2 boxes, but not on bento, that's the strange
point.

--
Mathieu Arnold