portupgrade tools dying on sparc64

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Wed Dec 10 07:12:44 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 11:01:38AM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:39:13PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > # portversion -vL=
> > Killed
> >
> > My -STABLE machines (all i386) are handling the same tools fine, even
> > though they've also cvsup'ed to the latest ports tree.
> >
> > Is this a known problem? Are there any workarounds?
>
> I re-cvsup'ed this morning and the problem is still occurring. I'm
> tossing a copy of this over to the sparc64 list on the off-chance that
> it's architecture-specific.

A new error message (Yay!):

[root at caliban root]# portversion -vL=
ruby in malloc(): error: allocation failed
Abort trap (core dumped)

I have a 20Mb ruby core file. And that triggered a dim memory.

`pkgdb -fu`

Sorry for wasting everyone's time :-)

-T

--
The surest way to keep a secret is to make people believe they already know the
answer.