The 'cat/foo-*' doesn't work in the pkgtools.conf?

Thomas E. Zander riggs at rrr.de
Fri Dec 5 14:18:36 PST 2003

On Thu, 04. Dec 2003, at 12:47 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote
according to [Re: The 'cat/foo-*' doesn't work in the pkgtools.conf?]:

> Also, use freetype will slow down
> that force me to use without freetype.

That's really interesting! I was not aware that freetype rendering can
cause a difference here!

> When, I switched the machine to
> AthlonXP 2000+ and now I can use the freetype without slow down the
> mplayer, but I didn't play with runtime cpu detection so I kind of habit
> to use 'WITHOUT_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION' define to run smoother.

Well, I think an XP2000+ is not a critical factor when watching
movies.
Probably you have to use -vo x11 without hardware acceleration in order
to see frame drops :-)
Even on my thunderbird 1000 I can't see any problem when using/not
using any of those options. I should try on my father's P133 :-))

Riggs

--
- "[...] I talked to the computer at great length and
-- explained my view of the Universe to it" said Marvin.