semi-newbie ports question

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Thu Dec 4 15:27:19 PST 2003

just curious about how -release, -stable and -current operate wrt ports. More
just a desire to confirm my understanding is correct...

I suppose that there are 2 port trees, -stable and -current?, so the shifting
target that is ports is relevent to whichever branch you have.

alternately, there is just "ports" and the branch you have is a compile time
variable...

how far can one be from the most recent -stable and still expect ports to
work?

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824