Lack of contact (computer crash)

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 3 06:40:04 PST 2003

Hi,

	I would like to inform the wider audiance that my
120Gb FreeBSD HDD data vanished about 2-3 weeks ago. Murphy was
thorough, my personal data backups also disappeared.

	I lost all my personal data: ssh keys, pgp keys,
email contacts, scripts, ports in progress, queued emails, etc.
You can imagine the disaster.

	Between work and school, I have just been able to reproduce
enough of my work environment this week that I am able to send/receive
email (this is a complicated enough setup :).

	I still haven't been able to get a new ssh key
access to FreeBSD CVS repository. Therefore, I am unable to deal
with FreeBSD Problem Reports. Consequently, I would to ask fellow
commiters to deal with any standing Problem Reports which could
help improve the 5.2-RELEASE. There are a few listed that deal with
5.x-CURRENT build problems. Please, take care of them. Contact
portmgr for permission which is usually automatically granted
when a port doesn't build.

	Also, if you have sent me email prior to 1
week ago, please send it again. I lost all of it.

	Fortunally, I received a donation of a Travan
tape backup yesterday. :)) I expect to have it installed by the
weekend and "may the safer backups begin". ;) Oh, amanda... hehe

	On a further note, I will be attending BSDCON.br this next
weekend doing talks on FreeBSD ports: organization and howto.
Therefore, I shouldn't be available from thursday to monday.

http://bsdcon.myfreebsd.com.br/

	Best Regards,
		Mario Ferreira