how to deal with missing +CONTENTS (or how to use cvsweb)

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Fri Aug 29 11:29:36 PDT 2003

+----[ Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> (29.Aug.2003 15:21):

Hi Joe!

[snipped]

| > Also, if you happen to know of a better way of deinstalling
| > files for which no +CONTENTS is available, and from a port
| > that is currently at a newer version, please let me know.
|
| What you can do is remove the various /var/db/pkg directories, then
| reinstall the same version, then do a pkg_delete (if you really wanted
| to get rid of those ports).  If you just want to restore the +CONTENTS
| files, remove the /var/db/pkg directories, then reinstall the ports.
|
| Joe

+----]

Of course. But then my question goes again, how do I install
the same version? I mean how do I go back in time and
instead of imake-4.3.0, install 4.2.0_1?
Am I right in thinking that cvsweb is my friend for this?
Then, how do I choose from the different revisions of
distinfo/Makefile/files/scripts/pkg_plist those that
correspond to 4.2.0_1?
I can choose a particular date and then get the latest
revision for that date. But do I have to do this for each
file? Perhaps there is some tag or thingy that I'm missing, and
that I can use for this ...

Perhaps not cvsweb, but cvs or cvsup?

Thanks,

Fernan