Overview: status of ports on Kris' Nov 07 death list

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Thu Aug 28 17:04:25 PDT 2003

> > security/hashish
>
> There's a younger version of the source at [2], but it doesn't compile,
> either (also lacking cryptopp/sapphire.h). It looks like the source code
> hasn't been touched for at least 10 months, so it's unlikely for this to
> be resolved (soon).

Yes, the problem is that this cipher has been removed from Crypto++ (it
was in Version 4.2, but we have 5.1 now). One could of course create a
port for the old version (from CVS), but I ask myself whether it's worth
the effort.

> > textproc/latte
>
> I just saw you already sent a PR (ports/56089). Did you try to build it
> on 5.x, too? With me (5.1R), configure stops with an error message:

Oh, sorry, forgot to test it with gcc 3.x. Seems quite a lot of work to
port that (I will add a comment to my PR)

I think those two are good candidates for removal.

Simon