FreeBSD Port: ymessenger-0.99.19.1,20020902; broken on 5.1-RELEASE

Kuba Lida kuba at krakow.homeunix.com
Thu Aug 28 07:59:54 PDT 2003

In according to:

$FreeBSD: ports/net/ymessenger/Makefile,v 1.13 2003/04/20 19:38:01 marcus Exp $

i.e. in the version that is available in 5.1-RELEASE ports collection.

The messenger does compile OK, but when trying to launch it, it looks like:

kuba at agma:~$ ymessenger &
[1] 11397
kuba at agma:~$ /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libglib12.so.3: Undefined symbol "getpwuid_r"

?? I tried to consult on #freebsd IRC channel (talked with several people, eg. shamz) -- and they said it is some kind of coding bug. I do not claim it true or false since I am not a system programmer and I do not have enough knowledge and experience to discuss the problem in detail. I strongly believe it's you who will tell what's wrong :)

I have my whole 5.1-RELEASE system compiled from sources and ports, no packages installed.

Sir, please forgive me if the problem is trivial; but I didn't work out a solution, nor did FreeBSD developers helped me on IRC.

Sincerely,

Jakub Lida
kuba at krakow.homeunix.com