INDEX build failed - move to ports-bugs?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Aug 26 06:31:41 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 11:18:47PM +0400, Sergei Kolobov wrote:
> On 2003-08-22 at 06:30 -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > INDEX build failed with errors:
> > Out of memory!
>
> As much as I love reading through these endless messages of great
> wisdom ;) but I would really love to see them sent to freebsd-ports-bugs
> instead of freebsd-ports. IMHO, they will reach much better audience
> there, and unclutter freebsd-ports for Ports *discussions*.
>
> Anyone feeling the same?

One of the purposes of reporting INDEX build failures here is to
pre-empt the support mails asking whether INDEX builds were broken,
that used to appear on several lists with relatively high frequency.
Moving the mails to a list that is mainly read by a subset of ports
committers wouldn't help this.

Kris