New ClanLib port or replace the current one?

Mario Freitas sub_0 at netcabo.pt
Sat Aug 23 10:28:05 PDT 2003

Hi,
I've just finished making the necessary patch files for Clanlib stable
version (0.6.5), I compiled it fine with all kinds of support
(opengl,directfb,vorbis,mikmod,network,sound and so on, except lua;
clanlib needs an additional package called tolua which is not currently
ported to FreeBSD, but is considered an optional package; perhaps, later
someone will port it) and as a consequence  I successfully compiled a
game called "pingus" with just a few inclusion of "#include <assert.h>"
statements. Now I have everything to make both FreeBSD ports, but I
would just like to know if I should send-pr as a "NEW port" like
"devel/clanlib-stable" or if it should be replaced by the current one
(devel/clanlib which is 0.4.4)?
Also, this "new" stable version should bring new games which depend on
clanlib newer versions, like pingus.

Thanks in advance,
--
Mário Freitas (sub_0 at netcabo.pt)