vmware2 does not build on -stable

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Aug 23 10:21:26 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 08:39, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:55:18AM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 02:44:41PM +0200, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:
> > > On a fairly recent -stable (around last week), I can't build the vmware2
> > > port anymore, it fails with
> >
> > Just compiled fine here. Maybe you're having a newer gcc which
> > doesn't like the >> ?
>
> I'll cvsup to a slightly older version on one of the problem machines
> in the hope to be able to narrow it down.

My gut feeling is that the PAE import broke it, and it's not likely to
be fixed.  Vmware2 users will probably have to stick with RELENG_4_8.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH
URGENT!  E-xpedient nuked APK subdomains; kf8nh.apk.net is DEAD.  Sorry.