SecFix for databases/firebird, please review

Sun Aug 17 04:00:14 PDT 2003

Hi,

at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/firebird-1.0.2-secfix.tar.bz2 I've
some patches for the databases/firebird port (see
http://packetstormsecurity.nl/0305-exploits/dsr-adv001.txt for the local
stack overflow possibility).

As I want to commit it to the port before Kris decides to remove it
because it is marked FORBIDDEN since a long time, it would be nice if as
much people as possible review the patches.

Chris, it would be nice if you at least can convince the developers to
review the patches too. And please test the patches, I've just verified
that firebird compiles on 5-current (it needs one additional patch (in
#ifdef'ed out code) to compile with gcc 3.3).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.