sane-backends build fails miserably

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Aug 13 18:38:35 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 12:38:50AM +0200, Jakob Breivik Grimstveit wrote:
> Since I got some complaints when running xsane, I tried reinstalling
> sane-backends. That fails this way. How do I fix this? Will this port be
> fixed soon? Thanks for any help with this.

I don't think this is a problem in FreeBSD; getenv() is prototyped in
the stdlib.h system header and is present on non-corrupted FreeBSD
systems :-) Moreover, the package build is currently succeeding on
both 4.x and 5.x.

Have you done anything to your system recently that could account for
this, such as attempting a system upgrade that may have gone awry and
instead partially destroyed your system? :-)

Kris